Custom Painted Safety 1st Barbie Corvette

All things related to paint and body work
SigEp
Administrator

Custom Painted Safety 1st Barbie Corvette

Post by SigEp »

This isn't really one for the Projects thread, as mostly all I did was paint. I figured I'd post it here to give someone a little inspiration of what you can do with paint.

So anyways, I got this vette as a freebe off Craigslist. It was sun faded on the mirrors, and the tail section. The tail section actually was semi brittle on the surface. The dash sticker was totally gone, radio was not working, the paint on the rims was totally peeled off and the steering wheel was faded. The pop up lights didn't pop up, battery was shot, and the whole thing was super dirty.

So...since it was free and it needed some work anyway, I decided to have a little fun and do a special paint job.

First I cleaned and power washed the whole thing, sanded down the tail section and cleaned it again. I fixed the pop up lights and radio. Since the don't make the dash stickers any more, I got a little creative and cut up a Firetruck dash sticker and applied various gauges to make a new cluster. I swapped out the steering wheel for a new "used" one from a member. Rims were disassembled and painted, separate colors for the rims and discs. Kept calipers stock color. Rims, mirrors, seats, and tail section were all painted white with metallic flake.

Here's the finished product (sold in a few days):
Barbie1.JPG
Barbie2.JPG
Barbie3.JPG
Barbie4.JPG
Barbie5.JPG
Barbie6.JPG
Barbie7.JPG
Barbie8.JPG
Barbie9.JPG

It's no longer a toy...

12v KT Fire Truck - Lights/Siren ------------------------------- 24v PP Ranger Rzr - Lights
SigEp's Master Project Page ---------------------------------- 18v PW Porsche GT3 - Lights
SigEp
Administrator

Re: Custom Painted Safety 1st Barbie Corvette

Post by SigEp »

Barbie10.JPG
Barbie11.JPG
Barbie12.JPG
It's no longer a toy...

12v KT Fire Truck - Lights/Siren ------------------------------- 24v PP Ranger Rzr - Lights
SigEp's Master Project Page ---------------------------------- 18v PW Porsche GT3 - Lights
drew510
Officer Peg Head
Location: Portland, OR***** Senior Modder - 1079 archived posts

Post by drew510 »

Nice! How did you do the license plate sticker?
Wife said to get a hobby that involves the kids. Guess that backfired on her!
12V Jeep | Oregon Ducks Bigfoot | Oregon Ducks Harley | OSU Beavers Bigfoot | US Marines F150 | Bella's Mustang
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

drew510 wrote:Nice! How did you do the license plate sticker?
I carefully removed it, most of it still had sticker backing. After painting, I reinstalled it and used a perminant glue stick on a couple corners that were still peeling up.
It's no longer a toy...