Lil Barbie Jeep that could

Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
toycrusher
Administrator

Lil Barbie Jeep that could

Post by toycrusher »

Quick project for a friend of my baby girl. I originally planned doing this for my daughter but her big brother has more than enough rides to share :roll:

I swapped to a pair of 19t #7's, trimmed the plastic a bit, and chopped an axle down to size. I left the original pushnut on one side and drilled for a pin on the other. I used the donor harness, so the high low switch is tied up under the jeep as a "parental control" :roll: . Under the hood I mounted a circuit breaker and a 10ga 2-pin harness so any aftermarket SLA can be used easily. I also swapped to 10" Jeep rear tires. Now the hard part is going to be parting with it! :o :roll:
20140413_200331.jpg
20140413_200338.jpg
20140413_200345.jpg
20140413_200351.jpg
20140413_200354.jpg
20140413_201354m.jpg
20140413_201406.jpg

"I'm not nuts, I prefer to be called an enthusiast! "

"I've stood on the shoulders of geniuses, and taken the next step..." ;-)

Master Project List
(F150 6x6, 36v Superpower, 24v Beach Ranger 4x4, McQueen "El Relampago", 36v Polaris, Mudvette, Lil jeep dragster & mudder, 36v Rzr, Lifted Cowboy's jeep, FJ cruiser, Lil quad 18v, etc...)

Toycrushers Master Wiring Diagrams
nickvasallo

Re: Lil Barbie Jeep that could

Post by nickvasallo »

I am a total noob but just got this same jeep for my 15 month old.

It's this one right?
http://www.partsforpowerwheels.com/bran ... heel/w6199
http://www.hobbymasters.com/productimag ... /X2248.pdf

I noticed it only has one wheel with a motor! Argh.
I also have two junked Super6 F150's.

Any advice?

thanks!
Nick
toycrusher
Administrator

Post by toycrusher »

Yup, same Jeep. Your best bet is to steal the complete wiring harness and motors from one of the junked super-6 F-150s and swap it in. You will probably need the axle too. It's a piece of cake once you get going on it :D

Master Project List
(F150 6x6, 36v Superpower, 24v Beach Ranger 4x4, McQueen "El Relampago", 36v Polaris, Mudvette, Lil jeep dragster & mudder, 36v Rzr, Lifted Cowboy's jeep, FJ cruiser, Lil quad 18v, etc...)

nickvasallo

Post by nickvasallo »

toycrusher wrote:Yup, same Jeep. Your best bet is to steal the complete wiring harness and motors from one of the junked super-6 F-150s and swap it in. You will probably need the axle too. It's a piece of cake once you get going on it :D
I think I am going to buy an identical jeep, got this one for $20 hoping to find the same deal. Take that whole thing and wire it onto the jeep. And someday, when she needs more power - use the empty shell from the other jeep and put in those super 6 motors. Maybe even 4wd. Those f150's I got for free are really beat up.
toycrusher
Administrator

Post by toycrusher »

And we go back to this one :lol: My little girl finally decided she wanted to drive again and she picked up the steering this time super quick :D

However, she only want's to drive "HER" little jeep. The six spoke jeep wheels have always bugged me so I decided to "upgrade" the jeep again. :lol:

She wanted blue 5 spoke jeep wheels, but I had issues with axle clearance so I instead went with some "deep dish" Suzuki quad wheels all around. I drilled out the front axle supports to fit the 7/16" rod and axle and put it together. An added bonus is I have room to go 4wd now. Unfortunately, turning radius got even worse so I cut off the steering stop and trimmed (ie hacked :x ) the fenders and now it turns pretty decent ;)
2015-07-04 18.24.37.jpg
2015-07-04 19.36.24b.jpg

Master Project List