Gaucho Grande OEM Refresh

Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
SigEp
Administrator

Gaucho Grande OEM Refresh

Post by SigEp »

I wouldn't really call this a "Project" because I didn't do any modifications to it. I picked up a Gaucho Grande about 6 months ago. It was missing some parts, needed cleaning, etc. My plan was to do an OEM refresh. So I replaced all the missing parts and a few others that were faded. I then went to work on the stickers and replaced all of those. Here's the finished product (as close to OEM as I can get):
Grande1.JPG
Grande2.JPG
Grande3.JPG
Grande4.JPG
Grande5.JPG
Grande6.JPG
Here's our completed Grande and Rock'in together:
Grande7.JPG
Last edited by SigEp on Mon May 09, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's no longer a toy...

12v KT Fire Truck - Lights/Siren ------------------------------- 24v PP Ranger Rzr - Lights
SigEp's Master Project Page ---------------------------------- 18v PW Porsche GT3 - Lights
hypo21
Officer Peg Head

Re: Gaucho Grande OEM Refresh

Post by hypo21 »

Wow.. sick man.
AUSSIE DARREN
Sgt. Gear Grinder

Post by AUSSIE DARREN »

nice :D that is two very Clean looking Gaucho's
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

Thanks guys. I wonder how long it will take my son to completely destroy them... As long as he has a smile on his face when he's doing it, that will be ok with me. He won't be old enough to drive them for a few years anyway.
It's no longer a toy...

12v KT Fire Truck - Lights/Siren ------------------------------- 24v PP Ranger Rzr - Lights
SigEp's Master Project Page ---------------------------------- 18v PW Porsche GT3 - Lights
sea_stork
Capt. Quad Killer

Post by sea_stork »

WOW! That's awesome SigEp, they look like new. Maybe better. :shock:
Polaris RZR 800 EFI
Gaucho Silver
Grave Digger
Lightning McQueen Super 6
MS Bigfoot F150
Ford Racing truck

-------------
"Dang the torpedoes... full speed ahead."
TerryInLeesburg
Cpl. Battery Boiler

Post by TerryInLeesburg »

I didn't know the Goucho Grande came with upholstered seats - or was that an addition you made?

Looks great.

I am now officially motivated to haul mine.............er............ my sons Grande out and start to work on it.

Now all I need is SWIMBO's approval, and time.
The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose

Gaucho Super Power
Craftsman Buck
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

TerryInLeesburg wrote:I didn't know the Goucho Grande came with upholstered seats - or was that an addition you made?
Yeah, those are not OEM to the Grande and were added by me. But they're OEM Gaucho and look great on a Grande.
It's no longer a toy...

All4TheBoys
Pvt. Burnt Motor

Post by All4TheBoys »

The trucks look great. Is there any chance I could acquire a set of those decals? I have a Grande I'm in the process of restoring but having a time locating a decal set!
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

All4TheBoys wrote:The trucks look great. Is there any chance I could acquire a set of those decals? I have a Grande I'm in the process of restoring but having a time locating a decal set!
The Grande decals I bought from Nsaellis (NSA Woodworking). I'm not sure if he still has any. They were reproduction ones that he was selling for $25/set I think. The Rockin decals I also bought from Nsaellis, but those were new and from Peg Perego.

Someone on the forum posted a set of scanned Grande decals about 6 months ago, but I can't find them now...
It's no longer a toy...

SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

SigEp wrote:
All4TheBoys wrote:The trucks look great. Is there any chance I could acquire a set of those decals? I have a Grande I'm in the process of restoring but having a time locating a decal set!
The Grande decals I bought from Nsaellis (NSA Woodworking). I'm not sure if he still has any. They were reproduction ones that he was selling for $25/set I think. The Rockin decals I also bought from Nsaellis, but those were new and from Peg Perego.

Someone on the forum posted a set of scanned Grande decals about 6 months ago, but I can't find them now...
Found them, here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1900
It's no longer a toy...

All4TheBoys
Pvt. Burnt Motor

Post by All4TheBoys »

Thanks SigEp
1jeepthing

Post by 1jeepthing »

I am going a different route on my sons Gaucho. I pick this one up for 25.00 and it is missing alot of parts. I ordered some parts from different web sites like MLTOYZ.com , Tigerimports.com and others. some things that are on it were broken and i could have fixed them but since everything is cheat on these sites i just went ahead and got the parts i needed. I am still looking for more parts i need but no worries. I have tore it down and started cleaning everything up and getting ready for paint. Im going for the dark evil look for this one and my son is loving how it is coming along. I jump around from thing to thing to break the routine. Here is what i have so far.
Attachments
This is what it started out like.
This is what it started out like.
026.JPG
060.JPG
069.JPG
077.JPG
i looked at the dash and saw something that had to go. It was the heater vent that if i was a kid still would not even look at or play with. So with that in mind i found a spot for some speakers.
i looked at the dash and saw something that had to go. It was the heater vent that if i was a kid still would not even look at or play with. So with that in mind i found a spot for some speakers.
I got these out of an old ipod docking station.
I got these out of an old ipod docking station.
055.JPG
078.JPG
Blue Jeep Rubicon
Peg Perego Gaucho
Metal Frame Jeep
Safety First Corvette
1jeepthing

Post by 1jeepthing »

Here are a few more pics of the work.
Attachments
084.JPG
089.JPG
Blue Jeep Rubicon
Peg Perego Gaucho
Metal Frame Jeep
Safety First Corvette
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

Looks great. There are so many different modifications you can do, it's a lot of fun. You picked one of the best BPROs out there to work on. You're kid will love it.
It's no longer a toy...

Gauchofan

Post by Gauchofan »

Hy,
sorry that i write here !!
It anybody there who have a gearbox with motor for my old Superpower Gaucho 24V ?? Thanks from Germany and sorry for my bad english ;-)
Mail: mercedeskay@web.de
Kay
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

Adios to Mr. Grande. He was replaced last weekend by Mr. Superpower. I felt a little sad since it was such a nice one. But I feel better having newer models that are a little easier to get parts for.
It's no longer a toy...

Never enough
Sgt. Gear Grinder

Post by Never enough »

Do you mind saying what you got for it? That was one of the nicest grandes I have seen and you got rid of it pretty quickly.
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

I sold it without the toolbox for $320 (was asking $350). I was asking A LOT, but it's only the second Gaucho in our area for sale in 2012. The other was the Superpower I just bought.

I was going to throw in the toolbox, but those seem to be harder and harder to find and ours is brand spankin new with a full set of brand new tools. I figure I'll keep it just in case the kids really want a Grande in the future.
It's no longer a toy...

FrankJScott
Sgt. Gear Grinder

Excellent Product Tips

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about New Product Website 41_595d
FrankJScott
Sgt. Gear Grinder

Awesome Product Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about High Rated Product Guide 7_595dd