Gaucho A151 OEM Refresh

Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
SigEp
Administrator

Gaucho A151 OEM Refresh

Post by SigEp »

I picked up this Gaucho A151 which had been sitting in some guy's yard for quite some time. I did a full restore on it and thought I'd share some pics. All 4 wheels were re-chromed using Gwinny's patented method. Luckily nothing else on the jeep needed painting. The plastic shined right up with some plastic polish.

Peg Perego sent me a brand new wiring harness and gas pedal/switch through the recall. Those were installed along with two new shifter switches. Headlights and taillights, and side mirrors were replaced thanks to NSA Woodworking. I also put in a new Gruber 12v12ah battery and a new/used Peg 12v charger. The decals were still in pretty good shape, just needed to be cleaned and glued down in a few areas. All told, cost ran about $50 for the project.

Here's the pics:
A151 1.JPG
A151 2.JPG
A151 3.JPG
A151 4.JPG
A151 5.JPG
A151 6.JPG
A151 7.JPG
A151 8.JPG
A151 9.JPG

It's no longer a toy...

12v KT Fire Truck - Lights/Siren ------------------------------- 24v PP Ranger Rzr - Lights
SigEp's Master Project Page ---------------------------------- 18v PW Porsche GT3 - Lights
bruces_eviltwin

Re: Gaucho A151 OEM Refresh

Post by bruces_eviltwin »

super nice work :D
"planning takes time that men of action simply do not have"
MY MASTER PROJECT LIST viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13339&p=102805#p102805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MY PARTS FOR SALE THREADviewtopic.php?f=29&t=12962&p=99970#p99968
MY FEEDBACK THREADviewtopic.php?f=31&t=12772#p98729
MY FACEBOOK PAGEhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Kidz-cit ... 676?ref=hl#
SAHDman
Officer Peg Head

Post by SAHDman »

That looks really good! What plastic polish did you use on the body?
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

SAHDman wrote:That looks really good! What plastic polish did you use on the body?
Thanks guys. I used Mequiars PlastX on the body. The body was good, it just had some hazy sun fade and the plastic polish took that right out and shined it up.
It's no longer a toy...

12v KT Fire Truck - Lights/Siren ------------------------------- 24v PP Ranger Rzr - Lights
SigEp's Master Project Page ---------------------------------- 18v PW Porsche GT3 - Lights
DennyUofT
Switch Cleaner

Post by DennyUofT »

Very clean - looks great.

I tried the PlastX, but didn't get great results - do you just run in and wipe w/ a clean cloth?
Copovette86

Post by Copovette86 »

That's a nice Gaucho, wish mine looked half that good.
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

DennyUofT wrote:Very clean - looks great.

I tried the PlastX, but didn't get great results - do you just run in and wipe w/ a clean cloth?
I use a microfiber cloth and just rub it in a circular motion until it dries. As it dries it leaves a nice shiny surface. It doesn't work for all BPROs, some end up with a dull finish. So you need to do a test to see how it works. But it worked real good for this A151.
It's no longer a toy...

landon
Sgt. Gear Grinder

Post by landon »

That totally looks factory fresh, Sig. Nice work! Got a 'before' pic?
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

landon wrote:That totally looks factory fresh, Sig. Nice work! Got a 'before' pic?
Not a good one. There's a picture of it on the second page of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6613&start=50
It's no longer a toy...

Rokmunky1974
Switch Cleaner

Post by Rokmunky1974 »

That looks really good. My son's newest additional looks just as nice, but we're having some electrical issues. ugh.
M.J.R.
Adventura (WIP)
Gaucho A151
Gaucho A151 (New Project)

"Beware the hobby that eats."
-Benjamin Franklin
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

Rokmunky1974 wrote:That looks really good. My son's newest additional looks just as nice, but we're having some electrical issues. ugh.
Google to see if it was recalled by Peg. If it was, they'll send you a new wiring harness and pedal/switch for free. That and a couple new switches (you'll have to buy those) and you'll basically have all brand new wiring.
It's no longer a toy...

Rokmunky1974
Switch Cleaner

Post by Rokmunky1974 »

SigEp wrote:
Rokmunky1974 wrote:That looks really good. My son's newest additional looks just as nice, but we're having some electrical issues. ugh.
Google to see if it was recalled by Peg. If it was, they'll send you a new wiring harness and pedal/switch for free. That and a couple new switches (you'll have to buy those) and you'll basically have all brand new wiring.
I'll check it out. Do you know if it based upon a serial number?
M.J.R.
Adventura (WIP)
Gaucho A151
Gaucho A151 (New Project)

"Beware the hobby that eats."
-Benjamin Franklin
SigEp
Administrator

Post by SigEp »

Rokmunky1974 wrote:
SigEp wrote:
I'll check it out. Do you know if it based upon a serial number?
Yep, you'll need that. They're nice though, you might be able to get around it.
It's no longer a toy...